Chapter 1: The Evolution of Psychology Learning Objectives
You should be able to:
1. Summarize Wundt's and Hall's accomplishments and contributions to psychology.
2. Describe structuralism and functionalism and its impact on the subsequent development of psychology.
3. Summarize Freud's Watson's Skinner's Rogers's and Maslow's work, views, and influence.
4. Explain how historical events have contributed to the emergence of psychology as a profession.
5. Summarize the basic perspectives of psychology.
6. List and describe major research areas in psychology.
7. List and describe the professional specialties in psychology.
8. Discuss important considerations in designing a program to promote adequate studying.